Sunday, February 13, 2011

Crafting Handicap :(

Okay, this is kind of a funny story.  We have been snowed in here for about 4 days.  I have a 3 1/2 year old so we need to get creative when it comes to entertaining him for that long.


We have wood floors throughout our house.  Therefore, he is not allowed to keep his socks on just in case he slips and falls.  This is very important because he RUNS everywhere!


The first night of the storm, we were going to have a race to his bed at bedtime.  Him and Daddy ALWAYS race but this night Mommy was going to join.  Well, Mommy had socks on, and she slipped and fell HARD next to his bed.  I tried to hide the tears until after he was in bed and I was out of the room.  We were afraid I broke my wrist but luckily that wasn't the case.  I had to take my husband to the doctor, because he had pneumonia, a couple of days after the fall.  Well, I had the doctor check out my arm because it was STILL hurting.  Sure enough, I pinch and possibly bruised some nerves in my wrist and that's the reason for the pain and the loss of strength in my fingers.  Therefore, the doctor put me in this:




Let me just say this puts a real damper on my crafting!  Since I have no strength in my fingers, I have incredible difficulty tying a bow!  Did I mention that this weekend I needed to make 50 treat bags for kids at my son's school and 8 gift boxes for his teachers!  Not to mention that I have a baby shower in 2 weeks that I am trying to get ready for.  That means I had 35 party favors to make and matching Thank You cards for the mommy-to-be.  UGH! This came at the WORST time!  


LOL, but it is a funny story!  Thanks for letting me vent...
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment