Monday, May 9, 2011

MPS National Scrapbook Day Challenge #7

For Robyn's, My Pink Stamper, 7th challenge we need to:


Challenge #7--Make a Scrapbook Page!

I made a two-page spread in memory of my father.  This year, in February, was the 15 year anniversary of his death.  This was also the first year that I took my son with me to the Peace Officers' Memorial. (He was named after my father)  I let him place his own rose on the memorial this year.


We then took him to where my father's ashes were spread.  (He's in his favorite lake along with his mother's ashes)  Snow was just beginning to melt from the recent snowstorm so the road was closed to the dam, exact place where the ashes were spread, so we placed roses in the water (one for me, my mother, and my son).  On our way out from the dam, we saw a beautiful doe and I just had to snap pictures.  It was a very somber moment with my family and one I will cherish forever.


Enough of the sob story!  Since he was a police officer killed in the line of duty, I cut the police badge from Everyday Paperdolls at fit to page.  I cut his badge number from Old West, not sure what size. I then placed a black ribbon, similar to the black band worn on officers' badges when a brother has fallen, across the numbers.  I think it turned out sweet!

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment